Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Mellow Yellow

Actually, the yellow is not so mellow. It's really bright. I think it shocked my dad when he came over a couple of days ago. When you walk in our front door (ha, which will soon be the SAME BRIGHT YELLOW!) you are greeted in the corner of your left eye by a peek of our built-in bookshelf!

Don't mind the mess. We (by we, I mean Jordan) are still trying to mount the TV and have items scattered ALL over the place.


Here are some before/progress/after shots:

The fireplace bookcase the day of our inspection. Wow!




Here is what it looks like at this very moment:


I also made sure to repaint the actual shelves there and our mantle WHITE! They were kind of nasty and yellowed. They look so good that I can't wait to throw some white paint on the old doors, frames, and trim! Remember this? That WAS the shelves...





One thing I was really excited about was getting rid of our toilet paper stand. I found a TP holder that holds onto the bowl. Voila! I also installed new toilet seats but didn't get around to photos of those. I think maybe the only difference it has made is for my peace of mind.



Some action shots?




And a glamour shot of Harry Potter the dog:


Since I have lots of time off right now I'm hoping to get more and more things done. I just need to have a game plan. Ugh...

'Til next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin