Sunday, May 20, 2012

Waiting

While waiting for Escrow to close we have a lot to think about.
  • Oh my god, what did we get ourselves into? 
  • What else do we need to secure our loan? 
  • What appliances will we need to buy and should we hit some upcoming summer sales? 
  • Should we tackle the plumbing or the electrical first? 
  • How do we know if we can actually knock this wall down?

One of the things on my mind is how to make this kitchen look updated without doing a huge renovation. I've been trying to
research grout colorants and came across sites like these:
  • http://groutshield.com/
  • http://www.tile-grout.net/
Currently, the kitchen has white tiles and a really dark grout. I thought if I could make the grout a lighter grey color it would just look a little less harsh. I've heard and read how tedious this process is but we just don't have it in the budget to rip this tile out to put in new counter tops yet. My muscles need a little work out anyway!

The other part of the kitchen would be painting the cabinets. We are probably going to steer away from white and go with a color, like a muted blue. Something like this that I pinned. Get some new hardware for the cabinets. Get rid of those window blinds. Make the place ours. This summer will definitely be filled with sweat and tears... and possibly blood given that I'm pretty inexperienced in diy projects like this.

Okay, back to waiting...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin